Annual Meeting 2017 | Saturday, January 21, 9:00am – 12:00pm | Barbara Moore Program Center
Preparations are underway for the 2017 Girl Scouts of Tropical Florida Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting is your opportunity to learn more about how our Council operates, meet Council leadership, and participate in decision making for the coming year.
Service Unit Managers have been notified of the number of delegates for each Service Unit. Delegates are voting members of the Council and will be asked to vote on a variety of issues at the meeting. Delegates must be must be 14 or older and a registered member of our council.
What do delegates do?
- Learn more about issues facing Girl Scouts today. Determine general direction for Girl Scouting within the council by receiving and responding to reports you are given.
- Discuss the reports with the adult membership of your service unit to get their ideas. Bring your service unit's ideas to the Annual Meeting.
- Attend the annual meeting on January 21, 2017, where you and the other delegates will elect members from Board of Directors and participate in other elections as needed.
- Following the meeting, report back to your service unit.
You can attend the Annual Meeting, either as a Delegate, or as a member of our Council who wants to be more informed.
- It’s a great opportunity to meet other people and build friendships with people who hold the values and principles of Girl Scouting close to their heart.
- Not only is it great for adults, it’s a great way for girls to learn about the democratic process and see what a change their voice can make.
- Delegates bring their service unit's voice to the council.
We look forward to seeing YOU at the 2017 Annual Meeting!