Cookies, Nuts & More
Everything girls do in Girl Scouting is designed to help them grow into leaders
of Courage, Confidence, and Character. The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest girl-led business in the country and generates immeasurable benefits for girls, our Council and the South Florida community. Girls set cookie goals to support their chosen activities for the year, to fund community service and leadership projects, to attend summer camp, to travel to destinations near and far and to provide events for girls in their community. The 5 Skills girls learn through the Girl Scout Cookie Program and the Fall Product Sale Programs are important ingredients in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Through the Girl Scout Cookie Program and the Fall Product Sale Program girls develop five essential skills that will help them develop into leaders in their own lives, leaders in business and leaders in the world.
1. GOAL SETTING: Your Girl Scout sets goals individually and with her team, and creates a plan to reach those goals. She will also develop Cooperation and Team Building skills all along the way!
2. DECISION MAKING: Your Girl Scout helps decide how her team will spend their Fall Product & Cookie money, furthering her Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills which will help her in many, many aspects of her life.
3. MONEY MANAGEMENT: Your Girl Scout takes Fall Product Sale & Cookie orders, handles customers’ money and gains valuable and Practical Life Skills around financial literacy.
4. PEOPLE SKILLS: Your Girl Scout learns how to talk to, listen to and work with all kinds of people while selling Fall Product items and cookies. These experiences help her develop Healthy Relationship and Conflict Resolution skills she can use throughout her life.
5. BUSINESS ETHICS: Your Girl Scout is honest and responsible at every step of the Fall Product and Cookie sale. Her business ethics reinforce the
Positive Values she is developing as a Girl Scout.
The 5 Skills - Shaping your Girl’s Future
Why do they matter?
Because when your Girl Scout has learned these skills, she’ll be poised for success in her career. Think about it:
When employers interview job candidates, they all look for the same things.
- Someone who can set goals and meet deadlines.
- Someone who works well with others.
- Someone who understands customers.
- Someone who can influence others.
- Someone who is honest, trustworthy and reliable.
Sound like anyone you know? That’s your Girl Scout, using the 5 skills she learned participating in the Fall Product Sale and Cookie Programs!
The Girl Scout Council of Tropical Florida offers two product sale programs each year.
All registered Girl Scouts whose parents/guardians have given their written permission are eligible to participate in the Council’s Product Sale Programs. We encourage all our Girl Scouts to participate! By participating in the Council’s Product Sale Programs, your girl is earning while she learns and contributes to her troop for troop activities, as well as helping support the Girl Scout Organization and all Girl Scouts here in South Florida.
The Fall Product Sale Program takes place late September through mid October. The girls participate in the QSP Magazine Sale and the Ashdon Farms Nut products.
The Annual Girl Scout Cookie Program begins with initial orders in late November and the girls conduct direct sales in January and early February.
Both Product Sales Programs have educational elements that girls and troops of all ages can use throughout the year, to reinforce literacy, goal setting, leadership, and critical thinking skills.